We have indoor plants next to the windows of our home so they can get the natural light that they need. When we were washing the inside of the windows of our home, I noticed that some of the mist landed on the plants, and here is what I found out.
The answer is yes, it is harmful to plants and it is toxic also. If you sprayed Windex on your plant, then wash your plant with liquid dish soap and water to remove the Windex from your plants. A small amount of Windex spray will make the leaves lose their natural color, but the plant will survive.
According to the company, Windex is safe for plants and won’t bring any sort of bad effect on the living plants. Bug infestation on plants can be gotten rid of using various liquid products. Some people rub alcohol to treat the infection on the garden plants. But these alcohol-based products will have plenty of addictive chemicals that can be considered dangerous for the plants to have.
So, when it comes to using Windex on plants, it is not recommended by anyone who is into gardening.
Table of Contents
- AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE. …
- Some Concern: skin irritation/allergies/damage, acute aquatic toxicity, respiratory effects, biodegradation; Disclosure Concern: non-specific ingredient.
- HEXOXYETHANOL. …
- LILIAL. …
- C9-11 PARETH-3. …
- HEXYL CINNAMAL. …
As they have, to clean the surface with water afterward. Windex is not something that you want to have on your dinner plate or anywhere near the kitchen. When it comes to packing bad chemicals, Windex has that covered. Windex has Glycol Ethers, which is linked to autism, liver damage, kidney damage, fatigue syndrome, anemia, and many others. And Plenty of harmful ingredients is found in the bottle of Windex, which makes the product not suitable for indoor plants.
These are all the effects that using Windex has on us, one might only guess, what kind of damage that it will have on plants. The component will not only kill bacteria but also take out the plant as well if spayed. That is why it is highly recommended not to use Windex on plants. If used, then take the right precaution and clean the plant as soon as possible.
The heavy amount of Windex spray will create damage to the plants that will last forever. As it will eventually die at the end. A small amount of Windex spray will not cause any major damage to the plants, at this point, the plant can still be recovered if you wash the Windex away from the plant. If you are worried about the soil and the roots of the plant, don’t worry the Windex will not have any effect on the soil and roots. Even the littlest amount will cause minor damage to the plants but nothing major where you have to replace the plant with another.
One of the dangerous combinations is Windex mixed with water, this will definitely kill plants. As the ingredient ammonia will toxic the plants in a larger amount. Windex is not even used on car windows, as this ammonia-based product will break down the tint on the car windows, which will make the windows peel over time. As you can imagine the damage that it will do on plants if it ever gets applied to them.
While The company has various things to say about them, when you get down to it, Windex is not something that you want to use on plants. It will do more damage than just taking out small-time bacteria and bugs.
Below is a video about removing bugs and infestations.
Many have this misconception that taking the bacteria out with chemical products is a good idea, in reality, you will have to use something else than using products like Windex for Windows for bacterial extermination.
There are plenty of fungicide products that are available in the market that will do a good job of removing bacteria, from infected plant parts without degrading the overall health of the plant. There are even techniques that you follow to ensure the plant doesn’t get any disease or have bad health all the time. These techniques are far more effective than spraying the plant with Windex.
It is the chemicals that are found inside of the Windex bottle that create all these problems that appear in the plant. If You have accidentally sprayed Windex on the plant, then the plant can still be recovered. just wash it off rather than throw it away.
It suffices to say any products that have ammonia in them, then that product should stay clear away from your plant. Or they will do damage to the plant, to a point where you will have to remove it before the disease can latch onto others.
Products like Windex have more problems than benefits, especially to the plants. They are a great product and will help you get rid of any stains or smudges you have on the glass table-top, windows or fingerprints, from your appliances. But using them to get rid of bugs or any kind of problem with plants might not be the best idea.to go for. If you spray the Windex on plants accidentally, you can remove it from them with soap and water. Make sure to quickly take this step before it does any damage to the plants.
It is clear, that Windex is not good for your health, as if you use any Windex on your glass, then you need to clean them with soap and water before you use it again. Chemicals of the Windex will stick to anything it touches, the same goes for plants. You should never use Windex on your plants. The consequences will outweigh whatever benefit it might do for your plant, which is none.
Have you found yourself wondering, 'why is my bamboo growing so slow?' Despite the fact that bamboo plants are remarkably fast-growing, it can sometimes take months (or even years!) to see any signs...
Miracle-Gro is a huge help when you are trying to get decent yields out of your plants or if you want them to thrive. However, you may have noticed that a single dose of fertilizer does little to...